Tanya Tucker sits down with Dan Rather for The Big Interview - VIDEO





If you love the Amazing Tanya Tucker as much as I do, you have to see this interview! Unfortunately for me, my cable company does not carry this channel:(

ICONIC COUNTRY QUEEN TANYA TUCKER SITS DOWN WITH DAN RATHER FOR AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF THE BIG INTERVIEW, ON TUES., FEB. 2, AT 8pE Groundbreaking country queen Tanya Tucker joins Dan Rather in an all-new episode of THE BIG INTERVIEW, premiering Tuesday, February 2, at 8pE. During the intimate hour-long discussion, the beloved singer, songwriter, and former child star opens up about her battle with depression, overcoming a disfiguring chemical peel in 2008, and how her faith has helped her heal. Candidly addressing her struggles with depression, which she has dealt with for much of her adult life, Tucker reveals, “I got really depressed, and clinically depressed… I’d lost both of my parents. When I lost my dad, that was pretty rough, in ’06. It was Thanksgiving morning. But, when my mother went, it was just double… It was years… And then, I got to thinking, ‘What’s wrong with me?’ ‘Cause I’m the life of the party, it don’t start ‘til I get there. It just cut me off at my knees, and I just didn’t understand why this was happening to me. And, so, here comes the pills and all this, and I’ve gotta take all these pills every day, and then shock treatments…. I tried all kinds of things. I made a trip to the crazy house [for] a couple days. I couldn’t handle it, though… But, I tried everything, because I wanted to be better… And [I’m] still trying. It’s something I’ve not conquered yet, but I’ve come a long ways.” Speaking about the botched facial treatment that left a lasting impact on her voice, Tucker says, “I wanted to get a chemical peel on my face. It’s a normal [procedure], it’s not even a hospital stay. They caught the laser on fire with the oxygen… the only thing I remember hearing is, ‘Get the ambulance, we’ve got a fire.’ [I had] second and third-degree burns from here down on my face, and then the flames went up into my nose and down into my lungs. It definitely changed my voice… I can tell because I’m a singer. I know how I sound, how I feel when I’m singing. It was the worst thing… I was just saying, ‘God, why me?’” She describes the period of time that followed the incident as “A lot of lonely time spent in bed, not talking to anybody, not living life at all.” But, she found great comfort in her faith, which she credits with helping her to effectively deal with the trauma. Tucker explains, “That’s probably what helped me the most. I went to a monastery right outside of Aspen. I went, really, for a friend… she had went to this monastery where there’s 20 monks, right outside of Aspen. And I really connected with it. When you have 20 women praying, laying their hands on you, and saying prayers for you, it’s pretty powerful. Very powerful. I found some sort of a strength there, and I’m going back again this year.” To see more of this insightful episode, be sure to tune in to THE BIG INTERVIEW on Tuesday, Feb. 2 at 8pE, only on AXS TV. THE BIG INTERVIEW airs every Tuesday at 8pE, only on AXS TV.

Source: AXS TV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elvis Presley's Forgotten Children - The National Enquirer 2 year worldwide investigation

Did Linda Thompson cheat on Elvis Presley with his own band member?

Sheila Caan has passed away