Johnny Harra Passed Away



We first heard the news that Johnny Harra had possibly passed away yesterday. It has now been confirmed.

Johnny Harra was an American Elvis impersonator. He began impersonating Elvis at the age of 11 and was cast as the 42 year old Elvis Presley in the 1981 docudrama This Is Elvis.Harrra, one of five actors to portray Elvis in the movie, was featured in two scenes from the re-enactment of August 16, 1977, filmed at Graceland. He also starred as a Vegas headliner for many years before battling with diabetes and arthritis. After many years in seclusion he returned to the stage before the 25th anniversary of Elvis' death.

Johnny Harra has been featured in many newspapers and magazines, and on national TV shows like Merv Griffin, Johnny Carson and Dick Clark. Johnny traveled internationally performing his “Profiles of Presley” show. Johnny died on March 30, 2011.



Johnny Harra, king of Elvis impersonators, dies in Dallas
Dallas News

Johnny Harra was Elvis longer than Elvis.
Considered by many to be the king of Elvis imitators, he performed for more than 50 years from Dallas to Las Vegas and on the silver screen.
Mr. Harra, 64, died March 30 of a respiratory problem at Methodist Charlton Medical Center in


Comments

  1. To me JOHNNY HARRA WAS THE TRUE ELVIS AND HE WILL BE IN MY HEART AND THOUGHT UNTIL THE DAY I PASS AWAY
    SUZAN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Johnny a few times over the years and saw Elvis live over a hundred times. Johnny did The King justice with every show he did. May he RIP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnny Harra was the reason I became an Elvis tribute act. When I saw him in This is Elvis I was only a kid and convinced that Elvis was still alive - Elvis sure lived on in Johnny and he will be so sadly missed and thats why I will continue to perform and hope that Johnny approves.
    R.I.P Jesse.
    Completelyelvis with Dean Craig ( England )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Johnny Harra was a better lookalike than sound alike. He really wasnt a good singer but when you look as good as him you didn't need to sing lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think johnny harra is really elvis presley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I first Saw Johnny Harra in the 1980's, Johnny was the True Elvis. I Never Saw, Heard anyone Like Johnny. I First Learned of Johnny's Passing Last Night when I was Flicking on my Smart TV Youtube Channel; I was Very Saddened that Another Star has Died. Johhny Playing Elvis in "This is Elvis" was The Best Elvis Presley Impersonator's I ever Saw. Johnny as Elvis will Forever Stay in my Heart. R.I.P Johnny!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elvis Presley's Forgotten Children - The National Enquirer 2 year worldwide investigation

Did Linda Thompson cheat on Elvis Presley with his own band member?

Sheila Caan has passed away