Million Dollar Quartet Loses One Of Their Best - Hunter Foster

Hunter Foster Talks to BIM @ MDQ in NYC
Back in October, I had the unique opportunity of meeting the entire cast of the Broadway musicial, Million Dollar Quartet. Hunter Foster, pictured above originated the role of Sam Phillips on Broadway. And he really captures the larger than life persona of the great Sam Phillips. So it is with great sadness that I tell you, Foster is on leave from the production to star in the world-premiere musical Little Miss Sunshine at the La Jolla Playhouse. Foster's return date has not been determined. To me, this is an incredible loss to the show.

James Moye as Sam Phillips


His understudy, James Moye took over the role on December 21, 2010. I think Hunter is also more age approriate to play Sam during that time period. And Hunter really captures Sam's spirit. And I do not think many can truly do that. Many times when people portray Sam, they play him as a greedy, cocky man. Hunter shows a softer Sam. The Sam Phillips many of us had the honor of knowing personally. Foster portrays Sam as he truly was, a man with a dream, a passion for the music, a true genius and a big hearted man.
Having seen the show many times, I can tell you while the entire cast is incredibly talented, it is Levi Kreis who plays Jerry Lee Lewis and Hunter Foster who plays Sam Phillips who are the stars of the show. They have truly mastered the characters they are playing. Having met most of the real people the cast is playing, I think I can be a bit judgemental when it comes to the show. I will catch a performance with James Moye in the role of Sam Phillips and let you know what I think. But in the meantime, I sincerely hope Hunter Foster will return to the cast soon.

For tickets:

http://www.milliondollarquartetlive.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elvis Presley's Forgotten Children - The National Enquirer 2 year worldwide investigation

Did Linda Thompson cheat on Elvis Presley with his own band member?

Sheila Caan has passed away