Howard Stern praises Chris Stapleton



If you are a fan of Howard Stern, you know he is NOT a fan of country music except for Willie Nelson. But today he was raving about Chris Stapleton. Let's hope he gets Chris on the show ASAP. Anyway, here is what he had to say about Chris this morning.

Howard: Ok I want to mention a guy who I had no idea, now I was watching the John Lennon tribute and like this Charlie Daniels looking (MF) was up there singing with a big belly, big ZZ Top beard, big cowboy hat. You know this guy? I'm talking about Chris Stapleton.
Well, you know I was watching it and I said to myself, boy this guy is good. But I never mentioned that he was THAT good because I was like I don't know who this guy is. I've already mentioned like five people from the show. Nobody cares about it. I was like why am I talking about the John Lennon tribute show that no one cares about? Why am I bringing this up? It makes no sense. But this guy with the big belly and the beard and everything, I was like wow this guy is pretty good he must be some kind of country act. But anyway, Bob Lefsetz, again I read his column he mentioned how great Chris Stapleton was, it turns out Chris Stapleton was on SNL. I didn't watch it yet. But he was talking about how this guy is so like old school rock n roll that he didn't even look into the camera when he was performing He didnt give a Sh@# He's way into the music and everything. And I have to agree. Now I like this guy. Is he a country artist or what? I might have to go and listen to this guys album. You know who this guy is, Fred?

Fred: NO.

Robin: I never saw such a big cowboy hat, and a big duster coat.

Howard: Yeah and I'm sure he's packing heat under that coat. It looks like he's got a shotgun or a 9 mm glock. I mean who knows what he is up to! You know he's somewhere in a backyard shooting cans and targets. He dresses a lot like Imus or Wolfman Jack. Fred play this guy, you might dig this guy. He's country but he's okay.

Fred: He's the new style, new breed.

Howard: Yeah, right. He's like an Eagles kind of guy. He's got a nice voice. This is from SNL? Yeah cause he kept moving away from the mic so much you couldn't even hear him.

Robin: See I didn't think they knew they were on. I thought, did they think they were rehearsing?

Howard: He thought it was a dress rehearsal cause he kept moving away from the mic. I wanted to say get close to the mic. He's a good guitar player too cause he plays lead and rhythm. 

Fred: He has a benji beard.

Howard: Anyway he is actually pretty good. I might actually listen to his album if I can hack it. I really don't like country music but he seems like someone I might be able to get into.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elvis Presley's Forgotten Children - The National Enquirer 2 year worldwide investigation

Did Linda Thompson cheat on Elvis Presley with his own band member?

Sheila Caan has passed away