Lisa Marie Presley: Elvis' DIGNITY was one of THE Most Important things to him




This Elvis and Nixon movie has me so enraged. The joke, the "character" of Elvis, the Mickey Mouse, the fairy tale he is becoming. The press, the actors and the public taking jabs at him. It's heart breaking to me.

I thought of this song by Elvis' daughter, Nobody Noticed It and I remembered her interview with Rolling Stone. So I dug it out and below, she talks about seeing other so called friends betray her dad. When she says they were trying to take his dignity....that hit home for me. That's exactly how I feel about this movie and the media circus. The on line comments calling him a junkie and worse, people taking this movie as true and we all know that becomes TRUTH in today's society. Elvis was so proud of the day he visited the White House. And it is killing me that actors, press and the public are calling this Bizarre, Insane, Crazy, and Ridiculous. And WORSE, they are laughing at him.

As Lisa says, "You slithering motherf*ckers have no right. None." YES! And I hope she has added one more name to that list. 

The song explicitly about her father is called 'Nobody Noticed It'. It was written after a day when, clicking through the TV channels, she stumbled across the E! True Hollywood Story: The Last Days of Elvis in which many of her father's associates and hangers-on talked about his downfall. 

'I couldn't believe they were trying to take his dignity , Sonny West, Marty Lacker, Red West, all these people that were worse than him'.

These were all people she knew from his lifetime: 'They scared the hell out of me when I was a kid, too. I remember seeing the Playboys, the drugs, the women.

I watched it all, and I watched them. I know the real story behind all of them, and I know what they're out there doing'.

After seeing the program, she was in shock. She couldn't sleep, she was so angry. 'I just thought, 'You slithering motherf*ckers have no right. None. You were responsible for this just as much as he was.

His dignity was one of the most important things to him, and you are trying to take it away'. '

She called one of her co-writers and put her fury and sadness into a song. 'All that you had to endure . . '. she sang, 'nobody noticed it'.

'He didn't have anyone to keep him leveled off. You get into this world where nothing you do is wrong.

I don't think any artist has really done that well with it, they usually end up destroying themselves.

Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison , he wasn't the only one

It's like you have no basis anymore. No foundation.

And I think he was one of the first ones to go through it. It was very lonely there, where he was. I know that'.

From her 2003 Rolling Stone Interview

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elvis Presley's Forgotten Children - The National Enquirer 2 year worldwide investigation

Did Linda Thompson cheat on Elvis Presley with his own band member?

Sheila Caan has passed away