Linda Thompson recalls Elvis reading from the Bible and urinating in a glass at Don Rickles show






In her new book, A Little Thing Called Life, Linda Thompson talks about the time they went to see Don Rickles in Vegas.

Linda says Elvis was under the influence of one of his substances that evening.

When Rickles introduced Elvis, he went on stage with Don. Linda recalls that Don was taken back but honored until Elvis began, as Linda remembers it, reading from the Bible.

She goes on to say Elvis droned on and on for minutes, reading from Corinthians 13 until finally everyone had enough.

"Elvis, are we going anywhere with this?" Don finally burst out.

"Or are we just jerking off up here?"

Needless to say, that comment broke the reverential tone, and cracked the audience up. Linda recalls.

"Naw, man I-I-I," Elvis stuttered.

"I just wanted to share a little bible wisdom with you all."

Elvis leaves the stage to thunderous applause.

Linda then recalls what happened when they returned to their seats to watch the rest of Don Rickles show.

Elvis leans over to Linda and says, "Honey, I've got to piss like a racehorse. I'm not sure what to do.

I sure as hell can't hold it much longer, but I can't get up to go to the men's room because I've already

interrupted Don's show and if I get up, you know every eye in here will follow me and take away

from Don. I can't do that to Don."

Elvis then comes up with a plan that would remind you of the Justin Bieber 2013 Restaurant urinating incident.

According to Linda, Elvis tells her " Tell you what, just hand me that empty glass right there."

Linda says she challenged him knowing what he was about to do.

But Elvis said, "Honey, hand me that damn glass, I tell you, before I piss my pants!"

Linda says she casually slid the glass to Elvis and he slipped it under the table.

She says he covered his lap with her napkin, unzipped his pants, and peed in the glass until it was full.

Linda says he waited awhile and set the glass back on the table.

Linda says she was impressed with how easily Elvis emptied his bladder with a showroom full of people.

BIM: I have a hard time with this story as I know Elvis grew up poor and he was so considerate of others. Would he leave a glass full of urine for a waiter to pick up and possibly spill on himself?
It gives a really bad, bad impression of Elvis Presley.




Now, according to Don Rickles, it happened a bit different. I love Don and this happened to be on my shelf.

In Don's 2007 book, Rickles' Book with David Ritz

Don recalls, "I'd only met the king in passing, but people kept saying he was a big fan of mine,
I was flattered but never really believed it. I didn't see Elvis going for my humor."

"Then one night, when I'm on stage at the Sahara, there he is and he's headed for the stage. 

The audience goes nuts, and all I can say is, Elvis, it's great to see you. 

Looks like you got enough gold around your neck to sink the titanic." Don says.

Dons goes on to say Elvis laughs, "But then again he might laugh at anything. 

His eyes tell me he is feeling no pain."

"Mr. Rickles, I came up here to help you." Elvis says

"Thank you Elvis, I really appreciate it." Don says.

Elvis goes on, "Mr. Rickles, I'm here to bless you. I have a poem I'd like to read in your honor."

Don says, "Please do."

Don recalls the poem is flowery and strange and no one knows what it's about. 

When he is through, Don says, "Elvis, we love you! You are a genius and a gentleman for gracing my stage. Now do me a favor. Take your chain, your belt and your cape and go home."

BIM: Personally, I like Don's version better:)

Anyone who loves Don Rickles as much as I do, knows he ADORED his mother.

And he always respected Elvis' love for Gladys. That is why he never targeted Elvis in his jokes.

David Ritz who co-wrote this book with Rickles also wrote Elvis by The Presleys, as well as a book with Willie Nelson and countless others.



It is also said, the book Elvis read from was The Voice of Silence by Helen Blavatsky.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elvis Presley's Forgotten Children - The National Enquirer 2 year worldwide investigation

Did Linda Thompson cheat on Elvis Presley with his own band member?

Sheila Caan has passed away