Jerry Gibson River Records Owner in Memphis Robbed and Murdered



Thursday, this 79 year old man was ROBBED and MURDERED in MEMPHIS!

Jerry Gibson owned River Records on Highland. Jerry loved music, especially Elvis Presley. His favorite Elvis song was, Don't Be Cruel. But above all, Jerry loved Memphis.

Memphis has lost a treasure. Jerry was the ambassador of Memphis to hard core music lovers such as myself. I'd spend HOURS with Jerry talking about everything. He loved to laugh.

I'll never forget the day Matt Dillon visited his shop. He couldn't wait to show me the picture. I missed the visit by a day.

One time, I was interested in a pretty rare find and ready to negotiate but Jerry said, No. I was confused. He said, No, I really like you and I am GIVING this to you. By this time, we had developed a relationship. I never missed a trip to see Jerry when I went to Memphis. I'd spend HOURS there. Sometimes blowing off friends or sneaking away to go shoot the breeze with Jerry.

I introduced a few to Jerry and River Records.

I learned a lot about music and Memphis from Jerry.

I also met other local Memphians through Jerry. They'd come in and we all would start talking. Then there were Jerry's beloved cats. They greeted everyone as they walked in, like it or not. And if Jerry liked you, he'd swat them away while you were browsing. If you didn't like them, TOO BAD.

Jerry was almost 40 years older than me but age,gender, race... NOTHING mattered with Jerry.

Music was his language and if you spoke it, there were no dividers.

Wheeling and dealing was Jerry's game. And by that I mean, negotiating a sale. Jerry LOVED it.

I only wish Jerry left us, just after a great sale SMILING instead of some EVIL COWARD MURDERING him.

The media talks about his cluttered store but Jerry knew where everything was. And to hardcore music lovers, we loved the hunt! That's what made Jerry's place so cool! We all soon learned where everything was too. Especially our individual taste.

I've been in the organized, OVERPRICED,  No Personality hipster stores where no one remembers your name. But Jerry's place was THE place. His personality SEALED the deal. And trust me, the interaction, the laughter, the music lessons and the memories  meant so much more than an organized overpriced COLD sale.

It was all about the hunt for us music collectors.

I'm not just saddened by this. I am devastated.  I am physically sick over Jerry's MURDER.

Jerry did not deserve this.

But then again, none of the other 200 PLUS murder victims this year in Memphis deserved to die.
We need to pray for our fellow human beings not just those who lost their lives but their families.

To the DIRT BAG who killed Jerry, I hope you are caught and pay for your crime. 

You are a COWARD for killing a 79 year old man. 

COWARD!

And when you are caught, everyone will publicly call you a COWARD. 

You are no GANGSTER, You are a COWARD.
 

There is a chair RESERVED for you in HELL
 

If anyone knows anything, PLEASE call Crime Stoppers at (901) 528-CASH.

We all have to get involved to make a change. Without the public's help, these murders will continue.

We want Memphis safe NOT just for tourists but for Memphians first.

We need REWARD MONEY to find this pathetic COWARD who killed a 79 year old man.

Rest in peace Jerry! GODSPEED!

Please say a pray for Jerry's family. And keep them in your thoughts during this Christmas season. It's going to be beyond hard for them.

God bless Jerry and his family.

I'll add photos and personal stories here when I get myself in control Right now I am too upset.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elvis Presley's Forgotten Children - The National Enquirer 2 year worldwide investigation

Did Linda Thompson cheat on Elvis Presley with his own band member?

Sheila Caan has passed away