Lisa Marie Presley Rehab Rumors Debunked





Last month, The National Enquirer ran this story about Lisa Marie Presley citing a "source" who claims to have been in rehab with Presley. There always is a HINT of truth in these stories.
This time I think NE got it wrong, to say the least. So I am going to jump in and try to correct the things I believe they got wrong.

From The National Enquirer - Lisa Marie Presley was trapped in a living hell of sex abuse, shame and betrayal! Years of torment — including being molested by one of her famous father’s pals — finally drove her to a deadly drug addiction that the daughter of Elvis Presley is now bravely battling at a L.A. rehab center.

NE: But while fighting for her life and sanity,Lisa Marie also bared darkest secrets that The National ENQUIRER has learned in a blockbuster world exclusive! A source who shared time at the facility with the  beauty has revealed Lisa Marie’s shattering revelations about her twisted childhood, including how a close pal of her legendary dad molested her when she was just a girl. 

BIM: I SERIOUSLY doubt MOST of this story.  First of all, Lisa Marie is VERY guarded. 

She has been burned by so many "so called" friends in the past. And she lived through her dad being betrayed by his "so called" friends. 

Even after Elvis' death, he was betrayed by so many. That has a deep impact on children. 

I think it made her even more guarded. 

And who could blame her? 

So, to say that she is spilling her heart out to someone she just met, NOPE not buying it!

NE: Lisa Marie also spoke of her “sham” marriage to Michael Jackson and revealed that she felt “unwanted” by her mother Priscilla — who tried to lock her away in a psych ward!

BIM: We all know how protective Lisa is about Michael. 
I, personally do NOT believe this was a sham. 
Honestly, I think Michael was relatable for Lisa. 
And I think he felt comfortable for her. 
I think this relationship was very real for the both of them. 
I think Lisa loves Michael unconditionally.

NE: Lisa Marie also confessed that the failure of her marriage to musician Michael Lockwood, 55, convinced her to check into the rehab center to beat her prescription pill addiction, the source told The ENQUIRER. After slapping Lockwood with divorce papers in June and charging he’d robbed her blind and left her emotionally shattered and thinking of death, Lisa Marie said she “collapsed,” the source revealed. She told her fellow patient: “All of a sudden, I f--king broke and I broke hard. Not necessarily that I wanted to die…just lay in bed. I’m talking to the pieces that’s left of me, and I’m trying to remember who I was, because I was strong — but [drugs] completely changed me.”

BIM: First, NE says the divorce left LMP thinking of death then quotes the "source" saying Lisa said not necessarily that I wanted to die. So Lisa never said that. No way would she do that to her kids. Lisa Marie is an AMAZING and DEDICATED mother. Her children come before herself. There's a lot of untruths in this story.

NE: Elvis’ daughter also said she was shattered when her mom, Priscilla, took her ex-husband’s side in this new divorce — and blasted Lisa Marie as “crazy and drug-addicted,” the source said. “She said that Priscilla actually talked about putting Lisa Marie into a mental ward after she suffered a relapse during treatment,” the source told The ENQUIRER. 

BIM: Again I am not buying this at ALL. WE fans know Lisa Marie and Priscilla a lot better than a "SOURCE" that just met her. I do not believe for one minute Priscilla wanted to put Lisa away. 

No way! 

The Presley family is very private. What we know about Lisa's divorce and the shopaholic spending of Lisa's soon to be ex husband, I doubt Priscilla would defend that behavior. 

What mother would?

NE: Lisa Marie also claimed to have been a victim of childhood sex abuse — by one of Elvis’ closest friends! She didn’t go into detail, according to the source, but The ENQUIRER can ALSO report her troubled childhood included a sordid relationship with one of Priscilla’s post-Elvis boyfriends. Lisa Marie was dating 28-year-old model Michael Edwards when she was just 13!

BIM: There is NOT one guy that worked for Elvis Presley I can think of that would do anything like this. I would be Floored to find out otherwise. 

This "Source" sounds like someone who took a bit of this and a bit of that and made up a new story. 

Even IF, a big IF this was true.....think about it, Lisa is going to tell a complete stranger she just met? 

No way, Jose!

Now here is the part of the story that really makes me angry, NE says Lisa was dating Priscilla's boyfriend when Lisa was just 13.

Lies! Lies! Lies! And the National Enquirer knows better! 

Michael Edwards wrote a book about his relationship with Priscilla titled, Elvis, Priscilla and Me.

In this book, he talked about Lisa at age 13 in the pool and HE FELT ATTRACTED to HER.

Disgusting pig!

In the 80's, I was at a taping of a talk show where he was a guest talking about this very moment. 

So the Enquirer has twisted this story in my opinion. 

NE: The former Scientologist also felt betrayed by the church and its leader, David Miscavige, explained the source. She said her eyes were opened to the religion’s intimidation tactics and control over its members after watching HBO’s documentary “Going Clear,” said the spy. 
 “I found out a lot of heavy s--t,” she told the source. “It was … too much information and I didn’t know what to do with it. It was horrific. My whole life had been [orchestrated by] a puppeteer.” But leaving the cult also left her with a sense of loss. “That was my foundation. That was my pillar. That was my strength,” she reportedly told The ENQUIRER source. 

BIM: Lisa does not publicly talk about her split with Scientology. I doubt she would tell a stranger this. Much of this has been speculated by the press.  

NE: Lisa Marie also admitted she became hooked on drugs after the painful Caesarean birth of the twins in 2008. “That was the first time I … dabbled in drugs,” she said. “I’m a person with large appetites. If I like something … I will do too much of it!” She continued popping pills to numb her other issues, said the insider. “After the C-section with opiates … everything was OK … I’m not high, but anything else that I’m going through in my life, it like reduces it, you know?” she told the source. “They make me happy, they make me able to cope with life.”

BIM: We all know Lisa had her issues when she was a teen. So this allegation seems quite untrue. Once Lisa became a mother, her world revolved around her children. 

Also it was not Lisa that had the medical emergency in Franklin, TN last year.

Lisa would NEVER do this to her children. And she is seeking FULL custody of her girls. There is a good reason for that. And from the spending to the medical emergency, all roads do not lead back to Lisa Marie.

Lisa has said after raising her first two kids, she knows how fast they grow and to enjoy every moment. This is a dedicated PRESENT mother!

NE: Lisa Marie admitted she never had the tools to cope with life’s problems because she had low self-esteem as the child of one of the most famous men in history — with Elvis dying when she was 9 years old.

BIM: I do believe losing Elvis, her father at such a young age and with him being a superstar, it really affected her life in ways we will never understand. 

NE: “I don’t think that I’m anything,” she confessed. “I don’t understand what anybody sees in me. I’m just like, whatever. I’ve never had that, where I had a strong parent.” Elvis' daughter also confessed she was never close with her mother Priscilla, which made her feel even more isolated.

BIM: This is just an outright untruth. Lisa had Priscilla who was a very strong parent. Elvis was a mush. He adored his little girl and he just melted at the sight of her. He was a great daddy. Lisa has said in many interviews that it was difficult to go between Elvis who just gave her the world and there were no rules to her mom, Priscilla who tried to give her structure and rules. Lisa has openly talked about how close she now is with her mom, Priscilla. They had a typical mom and daughter relationship....DIFFICULT at times! It sounds to me that this "source" knows very little of the Presley family.

And honestly, if you are in recovery, what you hear and what you take from there is PRIVATE. And if you are serious about your recovery,  you respect your fellow friends privacy. 
You are GRATEFUL above all.

Personally, I do not believe suddenly Lisa opened up like a loose pipe and slipped it all. 

Most of this, I find less than half truths. This sounds like possibly someone looking for a fast buck.

I do not believe Lisa Marie is in rehab for substance abuse. IF, and it has NOT been confirmed she truly is in rehab, but IF she is, I think she is just dealing with PERSONAL issues such as the end of her marriage and YET another person betraying her. 

My heart goes out to Lisa. Who can she really trust outside of her family. 

Imagine living that way? It can not be fun always having to be on guard. 

I have seen a LOT of people alleging they know or they are close to the situation. 

Remember this, anyone who TRULY is close to Lisa or Priscilla would NEVER PUBLICLY or even privately acknowledge or deny this story. Not on Facebook, Twitter or with the media.

Lisa Marie has always been very honest about herself. So whatever the truth is, when Lisa is ready to share it, she will and it will be the honest truth. 

I just can't imagine what she is going through after finding out her husband, her friend, her business partner misused her money and more so, her trust.

If you can not trust your partner in life, who can you trust?

You know who? 

Your mom! 

So all this nonsense about Priscilla, I don't believe. 

I think Priscilla is Lisa's best friend and the person she can trust the most. 

My mom is my best friend and she supports me to the moon and back. 

That's what moms do!

And we daughters often bark at our moms until we turn 40 and realize no one will ever have our backs like our moms!

I believe Lisa and Priscilla are solid and stronger than ever.

I believe the entire Presley family is stronger than ever. 

So let's all send positive thoughts of support and prayers their way during the Christmas season and new year to come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elvis Presley's Forgotten Children - The National Enquirer 2 year worldwide investigation

Did Linda Thompson cheat on Elvis Presley with his own band member?

Sheila Caan has passed away