Imelda May talks about performing with back pain





THE Irish Queen of rockabilly, Imelda May, has revealed she performed with excruciating back pain for years – a fact she has kept hidden from the world.

At some of her gigs the star would even play with a back-brace hidden under her dress.

She told the Sunday Independent: "I had back problems as a kid. Then I fell on my bum at my sister's 50th birthday. I had a collapsed disc. Then I was up to my eyes on some painkillers. I remember once in Spain taking the wrong painkillers," Imelda added.

"There is one that you take two of and another painkiller that you take one that is stronger. I got them mixed up and took two of the stronger painkillers. I fell asleep under a bench and I was on stage in half an hour. I was conked out. I was drinking cans of coke and espressos like there was no tomorrow," she laughs.

BIM:  Recently, it was reported that Lisa Marie Presley had to cancel her tour dates due to back pain. So it seems THE Queen of Rockabilly, Imelda May and the Princess of Rock N Roll, Lisa Marie Presley have something in common. LMP, be careful of those pain killers! Remember the Desert Storm recording! KIDDING!



To read Barry Egan's full article, Click Here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elvis Presley's Forgotten Children - The National Enquirer 2 year worldwide investigation

Did Linda Thompson cheat on Elvis Presley with his own band member?

Sheila Caan has passed away